Monday, April 7, 2014

China on the Wall

As we settle into our new addition, we have been trying to fill the very blank walls.  As I have written in a previous post, collecting antique prints can be quite affordable--and I therefore have stacks of them.  Once it comes to framing those prints, however, things start to get very expensive.

So I have been using more and more china, of which I have inherited oodles, to hang on the walls.  The hardware to hang them costs less than $10 per plate and is available at any hardware store.  If you have underused china in your house, this is a practical and affordable way to decorate, and free up cabinet space.

Below are a few inspiring images of the impact of china on the walls.  The first is Chateau De Drottningholm.  Drama!




I think this arrangement of china over a blue and white bed is beautiful. What really makes it work is the creamy wall color against the plates and blue and white upholstery.  I love the very simple headboards on the bed, too.




And below, Nancy Lancaster's last house, the Coach House at Haseley Court:




And last, this charming arrangement of a few of my favorite things: glazed pottery, antlers, bird prints, and china.




No comments:

Post a Comment